PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Window shopping build, will order once PS2 Beta is released
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-04, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
PeteHMB
Sergeant

Re: Window shopping build, will order once PS2 Beta is released

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Nearly every review out there has a overclocking portion covered if its a K part Intel CPU. I suggest looking those up and see how the games you currently play react. Overclocking performance gains depend entirely on the game. Its not linear scaling. The 2500K is cheap on Newegg right now. Costs the same as a non K IB part at the moment. Far better buy.

Well don't order anything off that build just yet. What exactly are you tweaking? Please post it here to avoid getting something unnecessary. There is new deals out there so I would probably change a few parts in that right now. Just let me know when you actually want to order this.

You can put either Nvidia or AMD cards with Intel. What you want entirely depends on how much money you can spend. If you are still curious check out some reviews to see how the current gen performs.
Heh well at the moment I don't play ANY PC games. I have a 5 year old MacBook Pro that's lasted me far better than the Alienware it replaced, and pretty much just stick with my PS3. Last time I played any PC games was Planetside 1 followed by World of Warcraft...back in 2003-2005. I'm a little behind the times on hardware. I did compare the CPUs and I think if anything, I'll drop the sound card and spend the extra $60 on this:

Intel i5 3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4ghz - $249

I'm also looking at this mobo instead of the one you listed, I figure all total I'm really only spending $10 more by dropping the sound card and swapping the CPU and mobo to this:

MSI H77MA-G43 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS + THX audio - $99