PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How PhysX runs on Nvidia and AMD (ATI) systems
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-18, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Re: How PhysX runs on Nvidia and AMD (ATI) systems

Originally Posted by JoCool View Post
What amazes me is how people that own AMD cards seem to not be okay with the game having a GPU-based PhysX support. Why?

Because for those with AMD, it would not change the game. They can go without it. As do I, until I have upgraded.
It just annoys those to have a visual disadvantage or worse FPS with GPU-based PhysX compared to NVIDIA users. And they don't even grant those NVIDIA users to play the game with their gpu's inheritent advantages? One that is one of the reasons why they chose their NVIDIA card over a cheaper AMD one. Like jealous little girls!

I actually do not even think of it as funny, the behavior portrayed by some (unmentioned) forum members inhere is downright shameful.

So you better damn give the game PhysX effects, great ones, give it all the more beauty, use the features at your disposal.

And those who have a card that does not support it, switch it off or go with worse FPS and shut up the whining about it. Seriously guys. You chose that AMD card for better performance/price.
I see where AMD users are coming from, honestly. They bought a card that probably has better price/performance than an nVidia card (as AMD is kind of dominating the low/mid-range right now) and are disappointed that PS2 decided to go with nVidia bias. It is out of their control but affects them quite a bit, which is frustrating for almost anyone. I am an nVidia user but still feel some of their pain as I would not want the tables to be switched with a bias towards compute functions AMD cards excel at, for instance.