PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So other companies don't announce Beta dates?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Anderz
Master Sergeant

Re: So other companies don't announce Beta dates?

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Wish I could comment more on dates. I really do and we know how badly everyone is clamoring for this. As we've said Technical Beta will be first and very tiny just to make sure everything is working. It won't be a lengthy time period before we start bringing in folks in waves.
So is technical beta happening right now?

Either way, that post is a much better way of phrasing it than "sooner than most people think", because most people think (or at least hope) it will be today, everyday.

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Can I point out they started giving away Beta keys in 2010? Just Google "end of nations beta key giveaway."

Look what this is? Is a marketing tactic and a VERY effective one. It's also extremely abnormal for how Beta's work with online games. I wish these guys luck (I've worked with a few of them in the past) and I'm very excited for their game. This is not how PlanetSide 2 is going to do it's Beta.
Fair rebuttal, but my point largely remains: if you start alerting people about an impending beta, they're going to want to a ballpark figure as to when.
Also, I think when you start plastering "Plantside 2 beta key!" on the front of the most widely read PC gaming magazine in the world, people are naturally going to think it's soon, and not 4-5 months away soon. You can call that marketing, which it certainly is, but I can call it misleading.

Last edited by Anderz; 2012-07-03 at 10:12 AM.