PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Looking for an opponent for Community Clash
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-10, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Phrygen
Corporal

Re: Looking for an opponent for Community Clash

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
Really? Just kinda curious what makes you think that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.
Again, I really don't mean to be insulting. I don't think anyone can realistically compete with Future Crew, NUC, or potentially DA combined with TGWW/QRY in a 48v48 atm. (DVS is as I understand it not competing currently). ZAPs is close but I don't know if they could field a full 48 with enough air power. I wont discuss the Euro teams as I don't know enough about them.

Specifically to TRG, your past experience in RCCC against GOTR, combined with my knowledge of GOTR, and knowledge of Future crew, leads me to the belief that the match is not fair.

There are a lot of great outfits out there. That doesn't mean they can match a top 3 outfit in the world. I love watching the Nebraska Huskers play football. That does not mean i want my favorite college team playing against PFM and the Denver Broncos.

Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
I think BAX maybe a good group to reach out to for this event.

Phryg's Logic is Phrygen>GOTR>TRG

If i had to be a betting man, due to the fact he has faced off against them quite often.
I must take issue with the "Phrygen>GOTR>TRG". First off, I could never solo GOTR . Though i assume you meant "BWC" instead of Phrygen. Also, I am on a 1-2 month leave of absence from PS2 for real life issues (and some tendinitis in my wrist i'm catching early before it becomes a thing). Lastly I will say I have a lot of respect for GOTR, both on live server, and in scrims.

Yes, I have played GOTR a lot of live server, and I was involved in a scrim against them. I will not go into details about the teams I have scrimmed. My judgement is mostly based on GOTR having beaten TRG in a close match, and the fact that GOTR is simply not at the level that Future Crew is at.

As for BAX. As I understand it they are still a small outfit that would probably have difficultly fielding a full 48. I do not know them to have a sufficient air squad. That said i think they definitely deserve another chance in RCCC as their first outing against NNG had a great deal of rule confusion. If BAX could find a solid air squad on mattherson, excluding TGWW/QRY members for obvious reasons, then it could be a solid match.

Its no secret that NUC and Future Crew are always looking for opponents, and that a lot of outfits have no interest (understandably) in facing them. TRG may very well want to face Future Crew, and i have no doubt it would be a learning experiences at the least for their outfit. That does not mean I would enjoy watching that match.

I have read and spoken to members of Future Crew and NUC who are eager for matches and at times find it difficult to find people willing to face them. While that is understandable, I don't see why these two teams haven't faced each other in the RCCC.

Last edited by Phrygen; 2013-10-12 at 07:14 AM.