PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Grief Forgiveness
Thread: Gameplay: Grief Forgiveness
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-23, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Grief Forgiveness

Very good points from Malorn. I thought grief system worked well in PS except for how fast it could tend to accumulate exponentially. You could often start a day with 0 grief and accidentally hit a friendly MAX with a deci during an intense tower fight. After that your grief would really start to increase from just the slightest accident.

Obviously, people should be more careful and learn to hold their fire but sometimes it could not be avoided.

I've always thrown around the idea of allowing support experience to lower you grief. Every 100 support XP (assuming this is still present in PS2) lowers you by one grief point. So when people have their accidents they can switch to a support role and start lowering their grief. Just an idea I've had for awhile.

I'm normally good about my grief but some days the fights are just too chaotic and you get careless. I'll often log out if I have more than 100 grief because of how fast it will increase after that point.

I think a system for lowering your grief through support would be generally well received. The only way I could really see this getting abused is someone going on a teamkilling spree and then he has to.....Repair you for a few hours to lower his grief? Punishment fits the crime.