Thread: Gameplay: Grief Forgiveness
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-23, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Grief Forgiveness

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I would ask a simple question - What is the problem that grief forgiveness is solving?

I am discussing complexity from a stability and reliability standpoint, not as if the actual concept was somehow difficult to grasp. Complexity and difficulty are not the same thing. Engineers know that you only make something as complex as it needs to be. The more variables you start throwing into it the less predictable and reliable the system and the more likely someone will find holes with it and it will fail to do its job. Simplicity is good.
I never said there was a problem with it per se. I did however bring up the idea of an additional mechanic to lower your grief through support rather than the traditional waiting for it to slowly tick down.

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
Because healing your teammates to reduce your grief level in an incredibly complex mechanic that nobody could ever possibly wrap their head around.

I meant this ironically but now I'm starting to believe it.

Let me stress that that I agree the current systems works fine as I've said before, but in addition it would greatly appease me if there were an added mechanic that allowed you to reduce through via support XP. Either way it goes I could care less. The likelihood of them actually implementing this idea is low I'm sure, but it's worth the shot of expressing the idea.