PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
acosmo
Sergeant Major

Re: Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
A major difference is now there's a barrier between the fronts at the warpgates.

Worse, there is now a large amount of territory that will almost never see action.

Imagine only having 3 continents on Planetside. There's no strategy there. It would get very boring, very fast.

Home continents provide nothing but nostalgia, and their price could very well wreck the game.
You say there's going to be a barrier between fronts at warpgates, but in the 9sanc solution you advocate, the front won't even reach the warpgate. the zerg will take the path of least resistance and hardly anyone will contest hexes outside the enemy's warp.

Imagine only having 3 continents in Planetside 2. There better be some strategy there, otherwise it will get boring, very fast.

Regarding home continents and coloring books, I want a battle that is complex enough to be chaotic, but simple enough to make strategy effective and meaningful. I believe having one foothold/warpsanc per continent will be more conducive to this than a three foothold/warpsanc per continent plan.

Ultimately, they both have pros and cons. I think that one has more depth than the other though.