PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New player? Share your experience.
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-22, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Wahooo
Captain

Re: New player? Share your experience.

Originally Posted by zeropositivo View Post
It's kinda weird how there is a direct hard counter to the infiltration suit. I now understand what this darklight thing is, and the fact that those using it have a special icon on them... but still, that's kinda weird they have something that has no drawback at all... I foresee infiltrators getting progressively less useful the more people start getting that implant
DL drains stamina while active, at a pretty good clip AND it limits the distance you can see, not a big deal indoors but even in a CY it is limiting.

Also you only get 3 implant spots. So there is the balancing act. Some people believe DL is a must have others not so much. I personally use plasma if I think a cloaker might be around as I like sniping and i'm so used to the info I can't really live without advanced targeting. I think surge is a must have. And I flip flop back and forth between audio amp and sensor shield.

It is a bit weird that there is such a easy to get hard counter, but like I said the limitations do balance it some. I don't cloak much but funny how when I do it seems EVERYONE is running with DL.