PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Auraxium and its issues
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Shenyen
Private

Re: Auraxium and its issues

So, what are they going to sell in the shop after they removed Auraxium and make weapons available via certs?

Using Auraxium has the benefit, that it is a separate resource, than can be used to buy weapons and is rewarded for fighting (after some anti-AFK measures are introduced) (because of you don't fight, you won't be able to conquer or defend auraxium-bases) - but that is NOT the same as normal exp/certs.

They can sell everything in the shop for auraxium, because players will aquire this resource over time and want to buy stuff (and if they can't wait, they'll spend SC).

But what will they do when there is no more auraxium and exp/certs are the only "currency" in game?

They will sell weapons that could also be aquired by spending normal exp/certs.

Oh - and when they have begun to sell stuff that you can buy/skill for certs - why stop?

You don't want to wait til you have aquired 480 cert points for the last update to your healing tool?

1800 Station Cash and it is yours!

I fear that removing Auraxium will lead to an item shop where everything can be aquired for money, not only the stuff they talked about.

The Tribes Ascend approach, where you buy basic items with exp or money, but increase that items power only with exp, something you can only earn by playing, is the way to go and imho a great counter to the pay2win-problem.

With auraxium, they choose the same approach.

But with switching to exp/certs only, I fear that they are creating the basis for a pay2win-model, where a new player could throw a bucket of money at the game and use final level skills from day one.