PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Meta-Game quick fix
Thread: Gameplay: Meta-Game quick fix
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sladuog
Private

Re: Meta-Game quick fix

There is no meta-game quick fix.

I think one of the main things wrong with the game currently is that capturing bases feels like it usually occurs as a by-product of fighting, instead of the other way around.

Instead of striking where the enemy is weakest in order to quickly take an important base, people seem to want to go to where both opposing empires are strongest to gain certs.

I've seen people rush a base, get people on the point, and if there's nobody spawning any more and therefore no kill XP coming in, grab flashes and continue to the next base, because the amount of XP they can get from killing people is greater than the amount of XP they can gain from hanging around to make sure the base is capped.

I don't know how many kills it would take to equal the XP from a base cap in PS1, but I'm pretty sure it would be quite a lot.

Just thought of this: the base gives out more XP when capped based on how long it's been held by the opposing faction, divided by the number of times an assault has failed. Probably a dumb mechanic. Would make some bases too defensible.

Last edited by Sladuog; 2013-01-09 at 05:55 PM.