PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - G4tv Article regarding populations
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-07, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kipper
Captain

Re: G4tv Article regarding populations

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
No it wouldn't. I would expect and hope SOE achieve a number as high as that on one screen.
I don't see it being needed - even if there's a 300 man battle in my immediate vicinity, I wouldn't expect them to be all huddled together in my viewing angle.

There'd be people in front, behind, and to the sides. There'd be vehicles in the air, in the distance, middle distance and close up.

Now if you're IN the air, or you're a sniper with a good position on a ridge, I'd expect you to be able to see a lot more going on, but even then - while you're still close enough to pick out infantry, I can't see you being able to see more than 60-100 units even being optimistic. Doesn't mean they won't be there, it just means battles will be spread.

Of course, the exceptions to that rule are outfits/empires getting together for screenshot purposes or generally assembling troops for a co-ordinated movement - and giant clusterfucks around a doorway. Though base design and what we've heard about capture mechanics this time around suggests that its designed to keep people spread out a bit more.