PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sniper rifle trail
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

Re: Sniper rifle trail

Originally Posted by Cuross View Post
Okay, so I have an issue with nearly all shooters and tracer fire. As if hit indicators aren't enough, unnecessary tracer fire gives away your position nearly all the time. I have a special issue with sniper rifles and this trail they cause. Yes, snipers can be annoying, but snipers have a purpose: to scout, to remain hidden, and to take opportunities. So anyone who's been playing the game, is there any hint of a sniper rifle's "tracer" round? Wondering because it's already been said that it'll take two good hits from a sniper (once for shields and once for headshot) to kill, so I think that the tracer is going to be unnecessary, especially given the fact that if a sniper drains your shields, your first thought should probably be "Oh, *expletive*! Hide hide hide!" and not "Now where is that camping *expletive*?"

Or am I the only one who has this issue? I feel that a sniper should be unseen and unkown, and I wouldn't feel the least bit annoyed that a sniper got the better of me.
If you kill your target you remain unseen. Trails act as a negative reinforcement to bad aim in that way. You remain unseen, wait for the right moment, get the kill then leave your position if compromised.

Also during the livestream there were one shot head shots. Again unsure if that was just for demo, or not.