PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sniper rifle trail
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Re: Sniper rifle trail

Sure, the problem with snipers is that they're always "detached" from the fight, but that's a problem that snipers themselves also face. They realize that they are in no position to lend any further support than relaying information to their squad and taking out big threats. When I was sniping in PS1, I spent most of my time looking for enemy snipers and anti-armor and anti-air units because the normal grunts the rest of the infantry could take care of. Snipers that are looking to stat pad their K/D spread would be more of a hindrance than a help for their squad for all the reasons that you guys have mentioned. Now, the issue that people have to get over is that a sniper has one arch-nemesis: enemy snipers. Don't get me wrong, aircraft and shotguns hurt a lot, too, but only an enemy sniper can combat you on even terms. With that in mind, a lesson that all snipers have to learn is that your first action should always be counter-sniping.

Now for all the people annoyed with snipers and want to handicap them, there is nothing wrong with being killed by something you have no idea how to combat in PS2. I mean, look at it, they're expecting a thousand or more players on at any given time! Hundreds of players involved in a single fight, and snipers won't be able to help with taking a base or defending one. It's the objectives that count, the objectives that win, snipers are just helping their teams out from afar.