PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - WDS awareness?
Thread: WDS awareness?
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-18, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Re: WDS awareness?

Remember that time the entire NC faction rallied to take down those 2 fully upgraded and fortified bases that [name your top TR/VS outfits] had held deep within typical NC territory for 3 days? We worked for hours to cut off their supply lines and hold reinforcements at bay, while we hacked our way through various levels of shielding and defenses, until we finally took their control center in a epic firefight that almost ground the server to a halt. Man, that was awesome...

OR

Remember that time we (NC) captured 723 bases in a week and the TR only captured 698 and the VS 677? Man, that was awesome....

The whole concept of a scoring system that is designed to encourage you to keep doing what you're already doing, but at a faster pace.... so you can get more of what you already get (certs) from doing what you're already doing... seems flawed - if, the goal is to make greater fun for all.

If the goal is just to create a technically sound scoring system... I think you'll figure out the right variables and get them weighted properly.

I'm in the camp that thinks most would be just as happy if a wheel was spun each week to give away a 3-day boost.