PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What the TR Needs... an open letter to all outfit commanders on Connery
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-15, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
OdinsPride
Private

Arrow What the TR Needs... an open letter to all outfit commanders on Connery

What the TR needs....

The TR needs to have a mentality reset.
Right now, we have too many players putting themselves above the platoon.. Too many platoons not caring about other platoons. And too many outfits putting themselves above the faction as a whole. We need to get out of this “me first” mentality in order for the TR to really flourish. And it needs to come from the top down if it is going to work.

We are never going to convince everyone that working together is the best course of action. Too many lone wolf players will never make that a reality. Trolls or the casual player will not make this a reality. What we CAN make a reality is that the leaders of as many outfits as possible realize that we will never be as good alone as we are together, and should do everything in their power to pursue that ideal.

Right now, many outfits have either ego problems or strategy problems (explain to me the tactical relevance of suarva bio lab on an amerish tech plant alert). Many people do not see the big picture, or choose not to. Granted, not everyone wants the same things out of PS2, and we should respect that fact. There is a lack of respect among many outfits, and it needs to stop for us to achieve our goals of world domination (and having fun doing it).

If we are going to make this work, everyone (esp the outfit commanders) needs to realize that everyone will be on an equal footing. Name, Size, KD, BR, all these things should not matter. The only thing that we should be focusing on is “How do we make the TR better?” Not, “how do we make (outfit name) better?” The goal is that by working together and making the TR on Connery the envy of all other servers, we will be helping our own outfits at the same time. Players who have a purpose have more fun, and players who have more fun stick around longer, and players who stick around longer contribute more to the outfit, and stronger outfits make for a better TR.

This is what the TR needs.

OdinsPride
Co Founder of The Dread Legion [DL3G]