PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Earning Resources
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-19, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Re: Earning Resources

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
In the lunchtime interview Higby mentioned that SOE are split between making resource rate global or continental. In other words should territories on your continent give you resources or should every continent worldwide provide them.
This occurred to me as well. As did the solution:

The automated mission generation system. It could (and may already) offer larger rewards for folks to go help out on underpopulated continents.

Another solution that just occurred to me: Pop locks. Sure, the "we're winning" continents might lock quicker for the empire that's winning there, but sooner or later (quite possibly sooner), you won't be able to fit any more warm bodies onto that continent, and people have to go SOMEWHERE to play.

We also don't know the income ratio between capture/defense bonuses and continuous earnings. If the capture/defense bonuses work out to 80% of your income, and the continuous earnings are only 20%, it won't matter nearly as much. Suddenly those continents your empire is losing on are just "target rich environments".

Earnings can be skewed various ways for different population ratios and different control ratios.

There's a lot of dials they can twiddle in order to get keep things reasonably well spread out (or bunched up for that matter... maybe they want all three empires to pop-lock continent A, then all lock continent B, and so on... to keep that Epic Scale feel going).