PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Reality check -- playing PS1 for the past three days
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-30, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Reality check -- playing PS1 for the past three days

It was funny to see how the CR5s reacted to the Home Cont Defense event...

We (group of 5-6 Werner CR5s and a few others) told them exactly what would happen right from the start. Then some nub CR5s went and said "DON'T LISTEN TO FIGMENT, the bases are CLEARLY NOT DRAINING so they WON'T go neutral".

*jaw... floor - facepalm*

We told them what to prepare for. Which bases to hold, which would not drain and how to deal with hacked bases (LLUs first, keep them out of subcapitals and try to deny them access to links to subcapitals and reset as much as possible as groups on a base by base basis with organised drops) and basically what to aim for as the defending empire.

No. Of course we had no idea what we were talking about - for the entirety of that half hour they were questioning our competence while boasting about their own experience... So we kinda just left it there and figured "sod it, go and learn from your mistakes then". Mercs went and setup Vidar for quick LLU and hold. Most of the other CR5s didn't know what to do at all, so they did nothing.

Then suddenly the home cont defense event started:

"OMG", "WTF", "WTH", "ZOMG OUR CONTS WENT NEUTRAL!?!" "this is shit!", "why are they doing that!", "WHAT?! Brewko must have given TR advance warning cause they're already here!", "H4X!? WHY CAN THEY HAZ MOAR PEOPLE THAN US!?".

Think that for about 15 minutes and beyond about that and how crappy the event was because they were unpleasantly surprised and didn't know what to expect. It was completely embarrasing to be a CR5 at that point because of the sheer ego of returning noobs "I've also never heard of and am glad to I hadn't" as they apparently missed the concept of each and every home cont defense in the past 8 years...

This is what you get if you people don't train or explain your outfits on every level in what kind of events exist, what happens during them and how you can deal with them!

Utterly incompetent and ego-centrical CR5s that boast about their personal capabilities without actually having anything to show for it, meaning no insight or knowledge whatsoever... It's still there and will always be there, won't it?

Anyway, I was happy to not have gone back to either continent as I was about to go sleep anyway (plus both conts were virtually pop locked anyway) and broke Neti Interlink with a Routerpad on my first attempt to get in. Still wonder what people think is hard about breaking Interlinks...

(Of course not a pad directly to gen, would have been too easy, no, a pad to make people help both upstairs and backdoor by engaging VS in the butt and fight their way downstairs - much more fun).

Last edited by Figment; 2012-06-30 at 05:05 AM.