PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "How long will you wait for optimization?" - ReachCast Episode 49 CQ
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-09, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: "How long will you wait for optimization?" - ReachCast Episode 49 CQ

Since the game will not decompose or anything (atleast not literally), i can wait indefinitely.

But playing? Welp, all i can say is after coming back and giving PS2 a fresh try i allready stopped playing again, because after a littlebit of "wow new stuff - this is getting somewhere" i realized just how much still needs to be done untill it's really getting somewhere.
I'm sorry, but untill this has atleast the barebone elements of planetside i'm not wasting my time with this crap anymore beyond logging in for a couple of mins every now and then.

And tbh, i think this is exactly the problem they have or will be having: People come back only so many times before they just say "fuck this" and move to a different title which offers something similar.
I mean time is still on SOEs side, but they better be quick with making this forgelight engine test into a real game, otherwise the first competitor to be released (which, due to their stupid target demographic and game design, might aswell be some lobby shooter like battlefield) will turn this into a friggin' ghost town. Like PS1. Just worse. F2P XP-Grind worse.

And the icing on the cake? One could see this steady decline coming from a mile away, i still remember all those threads about releasing / creating hype "too early" in beta, or the myriads of helpful threads on why the game isn't working (anyone remember figment for example?).
But instead the devs choose to bumble around giving off the impression that they are making their first game with a "call of duty creator" while never having heard of planetside.