PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Totalbiscuit and Matt Higby Live Stream Discussion!
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-01, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #229
Wolfhound
Private

Re: Totalbiscuit and Matt Higby Live Stream TODAY!

Was anyone else disappointed that there's only going to be three continents? And that they're all going to have a sactuary warp gate from every empire?

One of the most fun things about Planetside 1 was that when you log in you could be fighting on an entirely different continent. And it was actually a challenge to take an Empire's home continents.

It seems to me that depending on server population you're going to have the same battle in the same place most days because even if you push someone all the way back to the warp gate, unlike in ps1 where there is the potential for you to push on to the next continent (unless it is a link to sanc) and secure the ground you've made, in ps2 there will be much less reason for people to leave a continent as they can just rearm in the warp gate an push out as soon as the defenders have left.

In planetside 1 at least the attackers would have to regroup in the sanctuary and at that stage they could chose to make an offensive on a different continent. I just feel like there aren't enough attack options, there's only 3 conts to launch an assault on so I can see it getting stale quite quickly...