PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - FPS still terrible.
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: FPS still terrible.

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
They know guys - just because more "stuff" is coming out and Marketing is happening doesn't mean there aren't devs pulling long ass hours to try and get this stuff fixed.

I was talking to CodeForge about it today - they are working hard on it.
I hope so! The problem is we see tweets telling us that they 'fixed these issues'... but they haven't. Should stop telling us that it is fixed when it's not!

Also, it seems like they lowered the render distance back to what it was before the changes. Didn't change my performance at all. If they didn't, then something else is really going on because the infantry draw distance at Mani is awful right now.

Most of us understand there's a difference between the guys who add weapons and those who work on performance. The problem is we're only seeing the new additions to the game and not seeing any of the performance increases. It's one thing to tell us it's being worked on, it's a priority, it's 'coming'. It's another to actually get it done. Like I said before, we've been hearing about optimization since before the game released and that there was this magical massive patch coming that could fix the performance of the game. So massive that it could require us to download a new client. The problem is it never appeared and since then we've seen nothing to prove they're working on these issues.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-03-16 at 08:30 PM.