PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Stop SOPA From Becoming Law
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-22, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: Stop SOPA From Becoming Law

While I am Canadian, I'll go ahead throw my non-existent vote of non-confidence in for this law.

Really, what the hell is wrong with people? Money, money, money for the already rich few, at the expense of everyone else, in every part of our lives...

What really chaps my fanny is that these media companies can't be bothered to make their products available in digital format at a kiosk in Walmart, but they are more than happy to sell out dated rotational media that my kids can destroy in 3 seconds. So, I have to buy the rotational media (DVDs), then go home and use my own time, hardware, and electricity to convert it to computer format so they can watch on the computer without destroying the original...

If you can't be bothered to sell your products in a manner that is convenient (or even useful) for the consumer, then you shouldn't be surprised when consumers spend their time and effort making your products suit their needs.

It's the media companies that need to change, not the rest of the bloody world.

Also, the "patent system" should now be referred to as the "innovation stifling system", because it has degraded into nothing more than yet another way for the rich few to stomp on everyone else's faces so that the rich few can be just a bit richer.

Copyrights, patents, and even trademarks are no longer serving their intended purposes, because they have been perverted by a handful of people who just don't care about anyone other than themselves.

SOPA is an anti-humanity bill and it should be defeated.