PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New ESF 3rd Person view
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-29, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Chewy
Major

Re: New ESF 3rd Person view

I kinda like the fixed 3rd person view. Main reason is that while still giving more view of what's around, you can't escape from some of the negatives of flying like a mad man.

In live 3rd person you're able to spin the craft around without having to deal with the cam spinning. I don't like that. It lets you maneuver the aircraft while never having to risk loosing sight of a target or risk making yourself motion sick/confused in case you need to do some weird flying to shake someone.

For me it's 80% 1st person flying. The only time I use 3rd person is to land and get a fast look to see if I have the space to fit. It's one of the main reasons I can't dogfight anyone in PS2, because I refuse to relearn how to fly by way of the (IMO) wonky 3rd person view. I just can't feel the aircraft if I can see it wobble about like a toy on a string.

Im shit in jets anyway and would take a chopper any day of the week. No matter how much Id love to have a chopper in PS2, a chopper would have to be a 100% Badass and tank AA with how much of it there is an how easy it is to get. But I can dream or just boot up ARMA.