PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Origin of Forge Light (Speculation)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: The Origin of Forge Light (Speculation)

Originally Posted by Noivad View Post
Maybe I built a better computer then you purchased, maybe it was just luck. But I don't really believe in luck, except the luck I make by buying quality. Your probally on an Intel machine, perhaps you should give AMD a try with a good nivida vid card in it. Perhaps your using vista, try upgrading to Win 7 or downgrading to XP.
You're making quite a lot of baseless assumptions, so let me correct a few things for you. I have built every gaming machine I own, I use AMD with Nvidia cards, and I use Windows 7 and Linux. The memory issues in EverQuest 2 plauged thousands of players, 104 pages of Issue Tracking is a testament to that. Various OS's, various configurations, different video card manufacturers. It was a huge performance issue that may not have affected you, but just because you didn't have issues doesn't mean they didn't exist.

Originally Posted by Noivad View Post
And does it really matter if the ideas of Forgelight came form a game engine that was developed in the past. Its not the same engine of the past.
The entire point of this thread is excitement in that Project Offset may not have died off completely. This isn't a stab at SOE with a giant "AHA! WE CAUGHT YOU!" record of events, its a possible scenario where the Offset Engine could partically be powering some of the greatest games yet to come. That's it, nothing more, so please stop being so defensive. I'm a huge fan of SOE, I'm also a huge fan of what Project Offset was, so the possibility of them coming together is a positive not a negative.

Last edited by Saieno; 2012-04-24 at 01:04 AM.