PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Could BFRs work better with the new resource system?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #303
Ruwyn
Corporal

Re: Could BFRs work better with the new resource system?

OMG NOOOOO Biffers are OP!!!!

Please....
3 man infantry teams took them out.....
dropping into a good minefield killed them....Done it.
a cloaker and reaver team could send them retreating....

Just because you can't solo kill something does not make it OP. The timer being higher then every other vehicle kept drivers from wanting to lose them, thus they would retreat A LOT. Not to mention the number of cert pts you needed to spend into them to even make something that was versatile. Allowing them onto the battlefield and not making them primary targets = newb. Don't be a newb.

I also find it funny that several have posted how everyone had one....which plainly wasn't the case. I never saw more then 10 in the field for one empire and they were never focused in the same "area". I'm willing to bet that most of you that are VEHEMENTLY against BFRs are not playing the current version or haven't even in the past few yrs.

Were BFRs difficult to go against at first...for players without a plan? Yes.
Are they still "OMG I WIN"? No.

Did BFRs kill PS1? No
Core Combat? Much more likely.
Coca Cola and Movie ads in-game? Much more likely.
Call of Duty(2003), BF2(2005), and the ability of players to have much better frame rates with fewer players and the appeal of round based gameplay for many in the FPS genre while playing for FREE? HUGE probability.

Last edited by Ruwyn; 2012-03-19 at 06:37 PM.