PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Could BFRs work better with the new resource system?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #306
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: Could BFRs work better with the new resource system?

There were two things that made sense about BFR's, the first being more customization options with your weapons but not having that with other vehicles made it unfair. The second was that gunning them (at least the NC) was an exercise in overcoming motion sickness but if you got the hang of it, you were greatly rewarded but really only if you had a driver who knew when/where to attack, retreat, and hold. Having roles and play-styles with varied learning curves that also rely on other roles/styles is a great way to balance potentially OP results and also give depth to the game. BFR's took it one step too far though, tipping the scale from light-medium-heavy to -heavier on the ground and in the air. Even though I love gunning BFR's in Planetside as it exists today, I will be happy as a clam to have them gone so we can get back to open-field battles as they were before.

There is so much more potential in Planetside 2 with the engine and the development team behind this combined with an openness with the community. We do want variety with vehicles but please finish the requirements for the Planetside experience (Buggies!) and then think aquatic and outer space before even considering something like the BFR. Let Planetside be their resting place, an Alternate Universe to the Auraxis that will be in Planetside 2.