PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-30, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info
Re: If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?

Originally Posted by bedzike View Post
good ideas check a look at mine maybe we can see in the middle of that and get the community to see it
Try to keep your replys out of the quote box.

1. Thanks for reminding me, remove free rexo.

2. 15k CEP decay a week might not be quite what we're looking for. There would need to be a timer before decay begins to occur since your last base capture. Fast enough that you could keep CR5 permanently but not slow enough that you could have a whole squad of CR5's.

3. You can't really tone down BFR's/GG's/Flails without making them useless. That's just the kind of vehicles they are. Game would just be better off without them

4. As far as bugs are concerned, it would be better just to fix as many as possible to prevent abuse.

5. Max armor - I'm fine with either making it so normal bullets apply damage to max units. But my goal was have it so that max's take HP damage and not just armor damage. The idea is that someone can't use a max suit with 1 HP and therefore get a free card to life.

6. My concept would be the max suit is 3 cert points. Additional weapons cost 1 point each, and you must purchase the AA weapon before the AI weapon. This would make it a 5 point cert. I think 7 cert points would be too expensive.

7. Max units don't need darklight. Cloakers already don't have any tools to really deal with them except for hoping they stand still long enough to be boomered twice.

8. Yes, a resource for max auto run would make it like surge. Finding a sweet spot for how long they could run would be the difficult part.

9. AOE from max units doesn't need to be outright taken away, the goal is to simply make it so that they're better suited for CQC combat.

10. Aircraft as they are in PS1 are simply too powerful without many downsides. The fact that they're so powerful is why the game is flooded with a ridiculous amount of AA. Rebalancing aircraft would allow us to remove some of the excessive AA tools and better balance other tools in the game.

11. Radar virus rework - I'm not sure if you're saying AA currently works in disabled radar virus (which I know it doesn't), or if you're suggesting that be the rework. That is a possiblity, but I think more could be done with it.

12. As far as losing the virus upon leaving the SOI, if you don't have a spawn point in the SOI then you've probably already lost the base. This actually gives me a good idea though. A rework of how the respawn system works, I'll explain at the bottom

13. I feel pretty strongly about simply making it so that virused CE simply is disabled permanently or under the same conditions as base viruses (leaving the vicinity removes the virus) .

14. I think CUD and REK should stay seperate tools personally.

15. Striker damage is a possible fix. But I would prefer faster projectiles. Also, the reload animation is not fine. When you reload it blocks the middle of your screen, it actually breaks your missile lock.

16. Phoenix's issue isn't it's damage. Faster projectile speed, and allowing you to get out of camera mode/reload without exploding the rocket would be good starts to give it better useability.

17. Lasher's damage isn't an issue, it already deals more damage than MCG.

18. instakills on a weapon that already excels at shortrange is silly, no.

19. On cerb turrets, I wasn't just talking about them. I'm talking about removing all upgraded spits + AA wall turrets. Reworking aircraft would allow us to remove the rather excessive amount of AA that exists.

20. 3 Certs is fine for the a combined Fort + Assault CE without upgraded spits in enemy SOI's + upgraded AA wall turrets. On that note Assault turrets need a buff.

21. Sensor disruptors indoors would be ridiculously op

22. No, lodestar still would serve a purpose of moving absolutely enormous vehicles + providing a strong repairing station. When was the last time you've even seen someone carry an AMS in a lodestar?

23. Second wind still goes against the original premise of a BR 1 being able to defeat a max BR with equal footing.

24. Hence why I suggested increasing stamina drain on audio amp. Not that it's OP just too good not to use.

25. I don't see why it should be free at BR 1. ET That is.

26. That's why I'm suggesting to buff those implants to make them worth using.

27. Darklight should definitely not stay the same. Increasing the charge up time to the same as sensor shield would put cloakers on a more even footing with darklight users. Preventing it's use in vehicles/maxs actually gives them a chance to avoid them.

28. Sensor shield works fine inside mosquito radar unless you take damage.

29. You would hit someone by physics. Bounce it. Removing explode on impact prevents players from cheesing with and just firing at other players feet.

30. Punisher/Thumper ammo capacity really isn't a problem. Plasma from those weapons is useless in comparison to frags.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2014-05-30 at 01:51 AM.