PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What are "merits"?
View Single Post
Old 2005-03-18, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by FatalLight
Haha not in a game who's original draw was teamwork on a huge scale, all the vets want teamwork to be brought into this game. Why? Becuase there are 20 million other killwh0re games that are free and to be more successfull PS needs to be something new.
They redid the BEP system this patch for squads didn't they? That will encourage teamwork. The merits are there for EVERYONE, not just killwhores. I love it when a plan comes together, but I also like flashy little doo-dads to adhere to my character's Record of Shit I've Done That Doesn't Really Matter list. It's part of what makes these games fun. Maybe you don't see any merit (lmao) in it, but there's definitely a good reason for merits to exist. Eventually, more teamwork stuff will come, but in the meantime, we've got merits to keep us busy.

edit: And besides, killwhoring was encouraged the day online stats and leaderboards were implimented. This is absolutely not some new fangled thing that Planetside players are experiencing for the first time. The good news though is that merit kills have certain prereqs (alive 30 seconds etc) so it's not as bad as sheer stat whoring.

Last edited by Warborn; 2005-03-18 at 06:42 PM.