PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sniper rifle trail
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Raka Maru
Major

It didn't surprise me that this turned into another name calling rabid sniper debate... Again.

* 15 snipers on a hill is called air cav bait. Easy kills.

* This isn't a death match game. If you can't personally get at the sniper or don't want to, there are other empire members that will do it. Get squadded or join an outfit.

* Snipers should be feared and hated by enemy foot Zerg. That's what they are for. Stop complaining and go hunt them if you hate them so much.

* If you just want to deal with shooting other soldiers in your vicinity, then Planetside is gonna open your eyes wide, and then shut them tight as you will die often. There is much more going on than your immediate surroundings.

* If a sniper is affecting your K/D count and your kill steak, then he is doing his job for his empire. The ones who can't take the time to go hunt him down are the actual K/D stat whores.

I personally enjoy both sniping and hunting snipers. It pulls me out of the meat grinder for a while. I'll either put away my MCG or Max and grab a plane or put on my cloak and find them. Now that cloakers are also snipers, I can just get behind him and take his head off rather than place a boomer at his feet.

Back on topic of OP. Having tracers on a sniper rifle makes no sense for that class (logically). It gives away your position, but it's a lot better than scope glare, which is a bad idea for fixing camping problems. But then again, this is not a death match game with fixed spawn points, this is planetside, and camping is a non-issue because of the scale and availability of movable spawn points.