PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Vehicle disabling
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Vehicle disabling

It's awesome to see that you guys are mostly against disabling, and overwhelmingly against BF3's extreme version of it.

However, I'm concerned that the devs are nevertheless going to outright cater to infantry because BF3 does. And so we need to get in before that happens, and here is a compromise for PS2 disabling:
1. NO Burning, that's the worst part of BF3 disabling
2. Disable occurs at 20%, and ends when repaired past 30%.
3. For air vehicles with afterburners, disable simply means no afterburners, but they can fly at their normal non-afterburner speed. For any air vehicles without afterburners, a 30% reduction to maximum speed.
4. For land vehicles, IF they have a sprint function like BF3 does, then disable simply means sprint is disabled. If they do not, a 30% maximum speed reduction.
5. If damaged vehicles smoke in this game,they should heavily smoke to indicate their disabled status. If they don't smoke, then a disabled vehicle should have heavy electrical shorting graphics to indicate it. This is on top of any armor plates that migh fall off.

So basically, doesn't happen until 20%, ends when repaired past 30% vehicle health, and means loss of afterburner/sprint or 30% off the top.

I think if we don't support a compromise like this now, they are going to cater to infantry like BF3 and you're going to see disables at 50% AND burning, you have to repair to 100% to end it, and both loss of afterburner/sprint AND a 50% reduction to normal speed. What's more, if it is like that, you're going to find lots of tanks camping at the longest possible range with a team of engineers repairing.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-04-19 at 07:05 PM.