PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Countdown: Worldwide Premiere of Full Length Trailer
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Re: Countdown: Worldwide Premiere of Full Length Trailer

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
Though it looks absolutely AWESOME visually I think they made the cinematic look too dark and grey and dreary.

So many critics and previews have praised PS2 for being colorful and vibrant in a world of grey washed out looking futuristic shooters (killzone, Dust 514).

The trailer really loses the color of the game and makes it look more generic than it is.

Still Grade A CGI though.
I think it's trying to sell the grittiness of a war scenario, more so than the game play, with promises of massive numbers of players involved in a single fight. Colors are great for game play, both because they're pleasing to the eye and they make (team) identification much easier. Don't get me wrong, it'd be ultra cool if our armor looked battle damaged after fighting for so long or suffering enough damage. Some of my fondest memories from Tribes 2 are just from looking down after a fire fight.

For something you just WATCH for a whole 2 minutes however, layering on the dirt and mud, showing our guys doing wild things like clinging to a galaxy and shooting through the cockpit to kill the pilot with all this chaos going on is just plain freakin' cool.

Bonus points of SOE actually implements a "latch" mechanic for foot soldiers. Grab a vehicle/MAX, you can't move and you can't reload, but you are fixed onto the craft and can fire at it, for all that it may be worth.

Hah, naw... MBT's would turn into transports... or be armored by bodies.