PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS Code of Honor Pact
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-30, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
GodlessHeretic
Private

Re: PS Code of Honor Pact

Originally Posted by Mightymouser View Post
Rather, the objective of this thread from the start was to point out game play elements which are destructive to the game, and to ask those that care about making "the game more enjoyable as a whole" to do their part to keep numbers up by providing fun fights, rather than running players off with cheap tactics.
Your concept of what's "destructive" and "enjoyable" to this game is an opinion. One i do not share. If you want a "fun" fight, then take it up someplace else where it or you makes no difference. We wage war on Planetside.

The people at that funeral were from around the globe, and attending a funeral in real life wasn't an option (though if memory serves, there were several of the player's outfit mates who did travel to his funeral to pay their respects in person). They also planned to do a few things like OSes, which made doing it in an WG impractical, and (as this was the first PS funeral) there was no precedent for jackasses trying to disrupt it. I doubt the organizers of the service considered that a group of twats would take it upon themselves to fly to an out of the way cont, and an out of the way place on that cont, with the sole intention of being little shits.
All of this is irrelevant. I have no pity for victims, especially those that somehow expected different.

This may seem unthinkable to you, since you appear to be the type of asshole nit-wit that doesn't develop real tight friendships, but some of the players playing PS1 had spent hours upon hours with each other, they shared the joys and grief of not only in-game triumphs and losses, but cheered and consoled each other when real life situations arose as well. No, the game isn't super serious, but the relationships that have been built in it can certainly be quite serious. And it is only natural when a dear friend dies to want to mourn them in the way you spent so much time with them.
Save your personal attacks for someone who cares. I am not that person. The problem here is what is considered social interaction. Our opinions on this subject differ.

Oh, I think I see the issue here. You're one of the immature dolts who can't fathom a situation where people would work together if there isn't a overriding authority figure forcing them to do so, one of the people with little-to-no moral fiber or integrity who only follows a rule or code because you're afraid of the consequences if you get caught not doing so... Well, this might come as a crazy surprise to you, but not everyone is like that; some people will actually work towards a common good because they recognize the benefit for themselves if the common good prospers.
Again, this matter of opinion that you seem to be hot-blooded and flustered over. Personal attacks just make you look weak and your argument invalid.

In this case, the common good is the extended life of PlanetSide 1, and the more players who are playing in a manner similar to the code D2A laid out, the more fun the game will be for everyone and the long the game itself will last. Some people will see that, and work towards that common good, others (like yourself) will not, and will 'play the game, and everyone else can leave'...
Once again...matter of opinion. Your arrogance is starting to irritate me a bit. You also seem to be completely disregarding parts of my previous post as well. Either that, or you can't read very well.

You should try reading a bit closer, as you seemed to have missed a few key points from the first post (and then undoubtedly overlooked them as they've been reiterated time and again):
I read them. I don't agree with your "guidelines". I also don't agree the reason they were posted in the first place. Just like all other social interactions, this will be determined by numbers. Plain and simple.

The point of this list is to give those who do care about the longevity of the game a place to discuss the things that can be done to make it as fun as possible, and the things that, when done, detract from the game experience as a whole...
Knock it off. You're not saving anything you twit. You have no control over how Planetside dies. No one does except the people that own it.

I guess we must have been playing another game indeed, because the game I was playing had players TK'ing people who ruined fun fights by dropping the gen.
There are a number of reasons to drop a generator. The fact that you seem incapable of pondering why and it's impact else where in the game bothers me. Otherwise, you'd be whining about this alot less.

The game I was playing had vast numbers of people complaining very, very, loudly about the CNs 'lame' tactics of using absolutely overwhelming force to overrun fights and destroy all fun (SgtMAD knows something about that, I believe). That the community opposed such 'lame' tactics so aggressively and vocally suggests that (in the game I was playing) there is certainly an understanding that somethings are destructive towards the game as a whole, and it is in the interest of all players that such things aren't done...
The same thing happened when MARKOV invaded Emerald. Just about everyone worth a shit from all three empires on Markov picked one empire (TR) and steam-rolled. The CN invasion differed little in intent and execution.

Given that such a sizable block of that community existed, it seems perfectly logical to work out what those destructive tactics are and how they can be avoided...
All it did was point out to all of you Planetsides' one actual flaw.

I'm not sure passive aggressive means what you think it means, because nothing I said there is passive aggressive at all, in fact quite the opposite, I stated my opinion blatantly and frankly...
You did state your opinion. Then you also stated that my opinion had the capacity to destroy planetside. You also managed to not actually engage my reponse in any meaningful way either. Ok...i don't know what words mean now...

/facepalm

As for the 'more than anything else people like to win' bit, I'd suggest that is true of only a small minority of players, and I point to the above examples of protests against of gen blowing and CN-style lameness as exhibits of people unhappy with the tactics their own empire uses to win. This is a game after all, and turning pixels colors isn't what's important. It's having fun playing the game that's important.
No one likes being on the ass-end of a ass-kicking they can't avoid. Lame or otherwise. The CN seemed to understand this, and were not interested in letting it happen. They didn't break any rules, or hack the game in any way, they simply played the game. They were more willing to do what it took to make sure their tribe/community had fun playing Planetside. That's how Planetside works. How it has ALWAYS worked. Every bit of fun you derive from it comes at the expense of someone elses. Ally or enemy.

Words truly fail me, indeed there is not a word known to me in the whole of the English language which adequately encompasses the absolute lack of care on my part as to having been nominated and confirmed as a member of your shit-list.
That's what they all say. I'll getcha though. I'm a patient guy.

Last edited by GodlessHeretic; 2014-03-30 at 03:28 AM.