PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What are your thoughts on PlanetSide 2 now that you have played?
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-31, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: What are your thoughts on PlanetSide 2 now that you have played?

Its definitely improving, the new capture systems should help alot over the currently awful ffa ticket system. The infantry combat is pretty good, a bit too fast but still good. Aircraft seem to be pretty good as well with much better movement over ps1. The graphics are simply amazing, there is no knocking them. I find myself pausing to look at stuff all the time even months after i first got in.

The ground vehicle combat tho is flat out awful. Vehicles have no armor, so you die in seconds, large scale epic fights NEVER happen. You just die before vehicles can mass up and anytime they come in with big groups, they just get decimated in seconds. Its boring and sad to see. Drivers being gunners in the MBT's is terrible, they are boring and weak to keep em balanced for solo play. They move very badly with simple stop, fire til dead or target dies, move, and repeat. You dont get real vehicle movement. No one can do both at once very well so its boring to do and boring to see. Lame instant magical seat switching means you dont need that AA gunner, just switch and fire then switch back. Totally kills the need for teamwork in a game with 2k people, which makes no sense. It should be encouraged not discouraged. Instant in/out and more just make things cheap and uninteresting.

They need to bring back ps1 style vehicles with immersive mechanics such as fixed vehicle slots (no magical seat switching), drivers who dont gun (except for the lightning), and real armor (3x what it is now, minimum of 2x keeping in mind ps1 had 4x what these tanks have). Then we can finally get some epic vehicle fights again. I just dont get this obsession with making everything die so freaking fast. Its boring and means you dont get large scale epic fights which this game should do better than PS1 but currently cant even hold a candle to when it comes to that aspect.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.