PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Jimmy Whisenhunt AMA
Thread: News: Jimmy Whisenhunt AMA
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Flanlord
Private

Re: Jimmy Whisenhunt AMA

How closely are the damage numbers being balanced? ...Which... I should probably expand on.

I've been assuming that overall weapon DPS should be basically the same for every faction. We saw the chart a while back with the rate of fire, accuracy, damage etc. ( http://i.imgur.com/VUXMg.jpg ) Looking at this chart, I have to wonder about the exact damage balance numbers in terms of hits per kill for both NC and VS, as this suggests to me that TR will have the lowest effective TTK as a result of lowest overkill per target (assuming all the same accuracy %s on players.)

So, I guess my series of questions (which, you don't have to answer, obviously) becomes the following.

From a design/theory standpoint, how much does a TTK equation mean to you as part of balance considerations when the factions have different weapons? TTK = DxRoFxT/HP? I'm super embarrassed that I don't have this memorized, and not awake enough to piece it together. (Here's a guy who didn't realize he was trying to have a variable on both sides of the same equation.) DxRoF = DPS x T = Total Damage "Time to kill is how long it takes to kill a person with a weapon." (TTK = H-DPS/T)?

How do you, as someone who is very familiar with competitive FPS gaming consider things like pillar humping (ducking out of LoS while reloading or waiting for the next shot on slow firing weapons, unsure of the terminology) with set weapon variations like we see in the chart above? Particularly given the structures we saw in PS1, it seems like VS and NC can put those skills to great use, while TR will suffer for having an inconsistent target.

I just read the above and felt somewhere between a nerd and an @#&!@#&, so I'll include other questions!

Do you have a specific outfit you're planning on rolling with when PS2 goes live? (As well as beta I suppose.)

Because I'm sure this will all be PS2 or your eSports career related... I will ask the 4 questions that will tell you everything you need to know about a person.

Boxers, briefs, thongs, commando, if you had to describe the cloth covering your junk with one word, what would it be?

You can drink 2 liquids for the rest of your life, what are they?

Favorite movie/television/video game villain? (+Why?)

Fictional character you've felt most attached to emotionally? (+Why?)

Because it is way too early, and I'm already certain you and anybody else reading this post will hate me already a brain teaser! - Can you describe (objectively) the rate at which you perceive time with the assumption that it is not the same as the person you are describing it to? (Note that this makes a lot of things subjective, in case that wasn't obvious.)

Thanks for doing an AMA - feel free to answer all, any, or none of these questions. I've watched a lot of your videos and casting, and am super excited to see you become part of the PS2 team!

As a reward for reading this far - #musictoblowthingsupto
As a reward for everyone else who isn't Jimmy - 2AMN-AR9G-73H2-3JAD-APDD (Please PM Me when you use it.)

Last edited by Flanlord; 2012-06-28 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Fiddling with math. +music +Beta Key