PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - My Sniper/AWP Thread =D
View Single Post
Old 2003-01-20, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I am not sure about that. Why couldn't depleted uranium go through depleted uranium?
Because there's a hell of a lot more depleted uranium in the path of the bullet, along with steel, than you realize. Hell, you'd be lucky if you could even get the bullet to not simply ricochet away harmlessly. Believe it or not, but these tanks are made to be fairly durable and able to withstand a lot of punishment. I don't know whether to laugh or hang my head in dismay when I read you guys saying that some joker with a machine gun is going to take out the most sophisticated battle tank on the planet.

The GAU-8 Gatling gun firing 30mm rounds that contain depleted uranium and are often used as anti tank weaponry.
Oh really? And I suppose they have Ahnuld Schwarzenneger look-alikes to man the weapons, right?

Sarcasm aside, no respectable nation in the world uses a minigun as an anti-tank weaponry. I doubt the minigun is even a standard piece of hardware in virtually any modern military. The whole "preservation of life" thing, you know. Much safer to fire off a disposable LAW or some such, or rely on your own tanks, rather than give some guy a slug-thrower and tell him to start plinking away. [Hello, my name is A-10 Warthog. Had someone told you that it was my fuselage that this weapon was mounted on, you wouldn't have even bothered. Ah, the wonderful world of people who don't have a clue what they're on about spewing conjecture around like it makes a difference...]

Last edited by Warborn; 2003-01-20 at 04:42 AM.