PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Re: Planetside 2 Store - 10 minutes of required viewing for SOE
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-16, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sifer2
Major

Re: Planetside 2 Store - 10 minutes of required viewing for SOE

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I'm not referring to this specifically I am just referring to in general. People love that statement.

"I'm really excited for Game X but sadly it's being developed by company Y"

Fill in the blanks for any game in existence

Yeah except in SOE's case the reputation for screwing stuff up is a lot more justified. Some would ask how you could **** up an MMO based on Star Wars probably one the most valuable IP's of all time. They did find a way. Unless we want to buy into the it was LucasArts they imposed their will on SOE's vision excuse.

Honestly i'm willing to give them another chance just cause Planetside 2 sounds for the most part awesome. But i'm still skeptical. Especially in regards to cash shops since I have never met a cash shop I liked. Sadly they are becoming as standard a feature in MMO's as group chat almost. So in this case I guess I don't have much of a choice except to continue to ignore the modern MMO genre or put up with it for this game. I wont for long though if it sucks.

I also laughed at people above saying the speed up wasn't selling power. One guy said it should just be disabled at launch. Cause I guess its ok so long as we vet players can get our leveling out of the way first so no one can pay for a 20% boost over us.