PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS2 needs dynamic XP gain.
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-17, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Mutant
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Re: PS2 needs dynamic XP gain.

Originally Posted by CaptainP View Post
I don't agree that camping the spawn entrances in PS2 is necessarily about farming. It always happens in relation to a base capture, and as such it serves a tactical purpose.

That being said, I agree that the spawn camping in PS2 is a problem, but the problem is rooted in base design, not the xp/spawn mechanics in themselves. Do you honestly believe that if they just reduced xp for freshly spawned infantry, vehicles would stop campig the spawn? In my opinion, it is a problem that the spawn unit is detached from the main base, and is isolated in a courtyard full of enemy vehicles. Vehicle dominance and lack of infantry battle is symptomatic for PS2 compared to PS1, but that is a whole other discussion.

TL;DR: Base design is broken, and reduced infantry xp will not fix vehicles spawn camping.
I don't think you need to redesign bases to reduce the camping, although i do think a lot of bases would benefit.

Re-securing a base rarely happens due to it being so hard and unrewarding that most people simply move on to the next base.
In PS1 people had to guard the control point as a small organised group could get in to reset the hack, with PS2 there is just no need to defend like that.

If you reduced the xp for newly spawned people and provided some xp for standing on the capture point (or some other action around the base) then you will find a lot less people spawn camping.

At the moment the only way to gain XP after a base has been broadly secured is to camp the spawns.

Last edited by Mutant; 2012-12-17 at 11:09 AM.