PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Win Alerts = Supply Crate Drop Reward
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-03, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mordelicius
Major

Win Alerts = Supply Crate Drop Reward

Winning an alert doesn't provide a physical manifestation of a victory. Cert rewards are good but they give one quick on screen notification and it's over. It's quite an underwhelming pooper especially when the fight was hard fought. They should add something extra as a concrete prize. I suggest, in addition to the certs, supply crates be airdropped via parachute over winning faction's bases upon an alert win.

Supply Crate Airdrop Alert Reward -
- Press E to get your reward inside.
- Can only activate one crate per player per alert win. It means a player can only get a reward once. (The E button will disappear on any other crates present). And only players of the winning side logged on during the alert can activate one.
- Destructible crates. Losing side can try to destroy these crate to deny winner of prize and act as a spoiler! Invulnerable to friendly fire to prevent griefing.
- Durable enough to take a beating (i.e. 3-4x health of a normal tank).
- Has 12 minute timer before it despawns. Hence giving everyone a chance to get a prize before they despawn or destroyed.
- Small base drops 1 crates, Medium base gives 2-3 crates. Large base gets 3-5 crate drops.
- Adds a little something activity after an alert, such as the losing faction trying to get back and farming winning players trying to activate a crate. Or winning side trying to defend the crate for the prize.
- Losing side can try to shoot them as they fall from the sky
- Better yet, If possible, add a capture timer! Losing side can try to STEAL the crates for themselves (i.e. 4-5 minute capture timer). Make it act like a capture point Since it will despawn in 12 minutes, there would be a guaranteed fight over it.

Normal Win Rewards: These are just suggested values.
- 1-2x piece of random consumables (grenades, mines, C4 etc; something you certed) and/or
- 100-200 random resource points

Domination Win Rewards: These are just suggested values.
- 3-4x piece of random consumables and/or
- 300-500 random resource points

Thoughts? Comments?