PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: PlanetSide 2 Walkthrough and Cinematic Trailer
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
The mechanics are all in all promoting static gameplay, as long as you don't know how to work together with your allies to use your momentum. And that's particularly true if you use heavies, TDs and artillery because they provide less tools to be dynamic in the first place. Particularly if you go for Russian units.

It's absolutely NOT true if you're talking about scout and medium combat (particularly above tier 5 French and German tanks), which is positively the same as basic PS Lightning combat. With the exception that aiming is actually easier.

CoF is bad, true, but the hitrate only goes down by about 10% (for me at higher tiers at least, it's around 60-69% for my high tier meds, down to 55-65% with low tier meds). And I do tend to be very mobile while driving, because at those tiers you can't stand still while facing a Maus or other Tier 10. If you'd get hit, you lose 40-80% of your hitpoints in one shot.

Well, then it looks like I got over 10.000 more battles in it than you so sorry if I don't take your word for it as you can't have experienced more than the lower tiers. Sorry, but if you haven't gotten past tier 5 and experienced the higher tier mediums (tier 8-9 mediums) you've really got nothing to add here about accuracy on the move because indeed at the lower tiers accuracy is abysmal for all units except TDs and a few artillery units.

BF3 can be a decent comparison, but I won't compare to it since I don't play that very often and besides, its tanks don't have competition from other vehicles and thus little to do with balancing different types of tank combat with one another.

It generally does in comparison to static, yes. Your point? You were saying PS2 drivers sofar been accurate?
That you've put so many hours into WoT and still don't understand why it isn't a good analogy is very disconcerting. It's like theory crafting about how Guild Wars 2 will play based on extensive experience from World of Warcraft. Despite being of the same genre, they are completely different mechanically and any similarities are superficial in nature. The same is the case with PlanetSide 2 and WoT (indeed, the difference here is even more marked) and this is what we're all trying, rather in vain, to explain to you.