PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: PlanetSide 2 Walkthrough and Cinematic Trailer
View Single Post
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-17, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: PlanetSide 2 Walkthrough and Cinematic Trailer

That Biolab design looks quite awesome! Nice video Hamma, enjoyed the prowler time.

The Cinematic trailer looks great. I liked how the only image of TR was a squad lined up inside a galaxy. Makes me think of the PS2 teaser we got a year ago when it ended with TR mosquitoes & a Galaxy coming in.

I may be biased as the Galaxy is the bread and butter of the Enclave, but I'm really looking forward to that trailer showing some TR gal drops.

Also, does anyone else remember back in PS1 beta? My first impression of the game was logging into Sanctuary and seeing a dozen galaxies sitting around loading up as people were forming up squads, spouting off certifications, and putting together a squad with exactly 2 MAX, and a gal pilot. The Galaxy was the cornerstone of player organization in late PS1 beta. It was pretty awesome. Seeing all the galaxies in the cinematic trailer made me think of those first few impressions of PS1 with all the galaxies loading up and flying off.

The gal is definitely the most iconic image of PlanetSide. Its also the thing which strikes home that it is a MMO. Glad to see it takes center-stage in the Cinematic.