PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-08, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #237
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation

Malorn, are you using a different font than everyone else? I cant seem to read what you're writing, it may be too small.

So has anyone thought about using certification points for these weapon upgrades?

Lets say I'm a jackhammer whore, through and through, and all I do is drive on my ATV to the fight and unload on the enemy.

ATV + REXO + Med Assault + Heavy Assault is only 10 certs, I have that many at BR5.

What if this player were to spend a cert point on an extra barrel for his jackhammer, and then perhaps two for an enhanced chamber system for higher bullet penetration.

If you meet him in a tower, you'll be in trouble, but that's the limit of his power.

Power Differentiation could be determined by how many certs you dump into that role, or whatever this class system bullshit is about (For the record, I'm against it and I much prefer the PS1 certification system).

This way a veteran would have potentially more weapon upgrades, but a new soldier could still cert a couple of upgrades.

And if anyone complains that it might take too long to get enough certs to be effective, you can get to BR 5 practically just doing the training missions, driving all the vehicles, and picking up all the guns.

These cert costs could be balanced out, but it could work.