PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [OF] Additional BFR Balance Considerations
View Single Post
Old 2004-11-07, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Marsman
While the whiners will say the devs haven't moved fast enough, I personally commend the devs for their delicate touch. As history has proven balance is a tough act in planetside and it would be all too easy to over buff or over nurf things into a ping-pong game of too-much and/or not-enuf.
By tweaking things in small amounts the devs have not only had time to gauge their effectiveness, they also allowed the community time to adjust to new tactics in countering the new forces on the battlefield. Being conservative has proven to provide the clearer picture of current situation as the newness wears off and a truer image of battlefields with BFR's emerges.
The devs seem to have a very precise idea of how they want BFR's to be in PS and it sounds to me like their approach has been dead on in bringing that vision to light. Devs: Keep up the good work guys. The community on the whole sees your efforts and appreciates the steps taken so far in making PS the game we all want to play.
I agree 100%. I love how the BFRs take the battle to the field, it makes combat much more in depth, strategic, and realistic. BFRs are indeed a powerful weapon, but they should be a carefully played trump, deployed in specific locations under specific conditions for devistating effect. Therefore I think it's a good idea to make them pretty specialized, which the devs are accomplishing fantastically.