PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [OF] Additional BFR Balance Considerations
View Single Post
Old 2004-11-08, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by AbramsVS
Decimator still means nothing to BFR
6 rockets into Colossus doesnt do anything to this beast......DEVs should adjust the BFR that way that it can take max 6-7 Decimator rockets to its shield.
The idea is not that one grunt should be able to take down a BFR, it's for a few grunts to be able to. Yes, one guy shooting a decimator will do little if he's the only one firing at it, and so it should. After all, what's the reacquisition timer on a grunt's loadout?

But if you get a few grunts to fire at the BFR, it should pose a threat. Hell, even right now a few decimators firing in tandem is nothing to scoff at. Even worse is if the grunts get to jam you and then run inside your shields. HUGE damage, those things can do. Once the next patch goes live and there's a 20 second duration for jamming, and decimators do 50% more damage, there is no way in hell I'm going to bring my BFR near a base until it's been secured by infantry. It will definitely be a step in the right direction.