PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New Outfits Are Pointless
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-07, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: New Outfits Are Pointless

Originally Posted by Soyokaze View Post
Just posted what I found. As far as I know, that's just an old screenshot someone took and put online. If I goofed any math, woops, but I believe that's all right. Unfortunately the point cap means that, at this point, the leaderboards are entirely useless to us.

Just to increase the sample sizes, here's another screenshot from the same user labled October 3rd
Good find, except that I don't think it's October 3rd. I think it says October of '03. And -PAW- did not carry on strong into '04 because I remember we took in a few of their best players (RavenUSC3 and Animagic).

I see my outfit (Liberty) on both lists. Seems about right for Oct of 2003.

Here's a few caveats for the numbers to consider when making calculations of efficiency:

The Enclave is also NC on the first picture (originally TR), so efficiency is not well calculated for them as their outfit points were wiped when they switched factions. If there are other shots perhaps there's one before they switched.

Ahriman Corps and Liberty both don't show up in the # of outfit members listing because we had way fewer members than our peers on that list - by about an order of magnitude. In terms of outfit point efficiency these two outfits are the ones you will see at the top.

And of course people who effectively prune their outfit of inactive members will score higher on efficiency ratings, so I wouldn't read too much into that. AT's high member count is most likely due to a lack of roster housekeeping.

Sturmgrenadier's overall impact and efficiency is quite striking. As I've said many times before they were the workhorse of the NC, and from those two leaderboards they left the entire server in the dust.