Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-03, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #213
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Since many folks like to call George Zimmerman a racist, how would you classify this woman?
As a person who had a mental break and needed to be institutionalized. I don't see what the comparison you're trying to make here is. Are you saying Zimmerman needs to be locked up? That he's maybe schizophrenic and violently unstable like this girl might be? Or are you mad that society isn't up in arms over the things an insane person said during a fit of hysterics?

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
Sure why not?

Isn't that what the majority of people are doing to Zimmerman?

He's a white guy with a gun, he MUST have profiled and stereotyped Trayvon Martin right?
He saw a black kid in a hoodie and called the police, describing him as suspicious, saying he looked like he was on drugs, and that he was up to something. None of that was true, of course. Then, as he chased Martin, he said "fucking coons" under his breath, and prior to that remarked how "these assholes, they always get away".

So... no? No, I don't think Zimmerman is being unfairly targeted as being a racist who stereotyped Martin. His friend tried to tell us that he said "fucking goons" and that "goons" is a term of endearment amongst highschool kids these days (note: Zimmerman is 28) and that race had nothing to do with it. But, neighbors had also described Zimmerman as telling them to be on the lookout for suspicious black people.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-04-03 at 10:15 AM.