PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-13, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #598
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I don't know why you think that something that rivals something else must be less powerful. I was told different wording. Either way, he clearly speaks of how it will be situational. As for your 2 tanks > 1 tank, as 2 tanks who are getting ripped up by a reaver and can't put their "Main" guns on it. Are you begining to see any of this?

Either way, we'll really find out in Beta, won't we?
If they can switch seats (what some people here want), I see them ripping that Reaver apart, tbh. But beyond that, Piggy, you are hopelessly behind in the discussion. It's a completely irrelevant point because one single tank with two AV guns stands even less of a chance against that Reaver. So I'd still opt for two tanks.

Why you ask? Clearly two MBTs don't have access to AA? Depends on if they can switch seats of course, but we're talking about 2 people who can pick any one man tank combi.

If I speak of tanks, I'm speaking of AV-AV MBT combo, AV MBT-AA Lightning combo and AV MBT - AI Lightning. I would never opt for a gunner myself, if I know what I'll be facing I'm still not going to bring a gunner. Especially not if the Lightning has better weapons than the gunner, which it has.

And if the Lightning even is going to rival a MBT in hitpoints, boy, is the gunner pointless.