PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - WDS awareness?
Thread: WDS awareness?
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-17, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Chewy
Major

Re: WDS awareness?

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Let me put it another way - what would make it exciting for you?
For WDS to be exciting with how the game is currently setup. I don't know if you can have the WDS be an outfit lever thing, empire level yes but not outfit. It takes many outfits to impact the WDS score and with the rubberbanding Iv been seeing at server levels any effort is lost soon after you get a lead thanks to the bonuses the others get. Then you have snowballing in the overall scores where no one has control over. Even if an entire server was a single outfit I don't think it would make a dent in the over all score if that didn't start a snowball.

With the old score system high pop numbers ruled. With this system I have no clue how it works. Some how VS have a 5k-10k lead on 3 servers WITH the new system made to handicap the leader. How the hell is this happening? I can't figure it out from not understanding any of the rules or score values never being the same. You can't win or earn anything with this score system, just hope the math backstage works out in you favor. Yet somehow VS have found a way on 3 servers and I don't know why or how.

But with a score system set in stone like before we go back to pop numbers equaling power. Not good either way.

I have no idea how to make the WDS better, nothing is coming to mind. All I can think of is for SOE to choose what level they want an event to be at. Outfit, empire (by server), or an overall world deal. If outfit then you need the Nexus, anything else and pubs ruin scores. If server then you need rules set in stone that never change, maybe. If world then maybe a complex score system is needed to even out things and to stop snowballs from forming.

The way I see it. A man should effect the outfit, but not the server. An outfit should effect the server, but not the world. And a server should effect the world, but not past a point.