PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Stop SOPA From Becoming Law
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-16, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
GTGD
First Sergeant

Re: Stop SOPA From Becoming Law

Originally Posted by Ailos View Post
I really hope the rest of the american political system will com through on this one even if Congress doesn't - the Supreme Court has upheld less obvious principles as freedom of speech. This particular bill totally doesn't do anything to solve the actual job, and although there's no proof that anyone is currently trying to censor anyone or anything, given the ability, it's only a matter of time before someone will try. So all in all, I've called my congressmen (both House and the two Texas senators) multiple times about this and written letters to all three - you've got my vote against this cause.

And on a side note, it's slightly amusing how much this bill reinvigorates the "Texas should secede" attitude around here, lol.

EDIT: Also, I really hope Obama finds the balls to veto this shit if it reaches his desk.
Funny you mention that. Obama has previously stated that he would veto it...but as of the other day he says he is for it. I was watching yesterday's stream and there were a multitude of amendments that were voted on to change the law to be slightly less oppressive. All of them failed.

All I know is that if the government was upset at the FBI hackings earlier in the year, they haven't seen anything yet. The hacker community will surely start striking. Can't wait for the government to try and paint them all as "cyber-terrorists" though, and take them away with the NDDA once that passes too.