PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Performance Issues Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-17, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
camycamera
Major

Re: Performance Issues Official Thread

specs (yes, slightly the same version of the pc you reccomended for me, thnx for that btw )
i5 3570
ASUS GTX 650ti
8gb RAM
windows 7 64 bit (if this is of any help...)
resolution: 1280x1024

i run the game with all settings on high, always have.

prior to patch:

i would almost always get above 30 fps in all types of battles, never below. when there were a large amount of people around, obviously it was CPU bound, but when there was no-one or a group of people around, it was Gpu bound obviously.

after patch (and also obviously after this so called "hotfix" that claimed to fix the problem):

fine when just walking around in open spaces with a couple of people, about 30 fps (but i remember it would get something like 40 prior). i also realised that i would get about 20-28 frames in i think both tech plants and amp stations, no matter how many people there was on my screen, it boggled my mind, especially when prior it ran fine, especially in those areas. i also had found problems with large groups of people, like enemy/friendly tank zergs, etc (you get my point, lots of poeple), that prior, i wouldn't get any problems with, it ran fine, above 30. now, it drops to 20. i was stunned. furthermore, i have realised that i am almost ALWAYS CPU bound. i dont get it. at one stage there was nobody on my screen (and i think i was at a tech plant, if that is of any help), it was CPU bound. seriously, i think the only time it was GPU bound was when i was looking at the ground or the sky, and that has never happened before.

it kinda sucked that these performance issues occurred during the double xp weekend, because i would have had a much better experience than i would have (although i had a much better time than most multiplayer FPS's anyway).

but, i am used to low FPS anyway, because of mah old PC i have had for so many years... and i get better fps in PS2 now than my old pc anyway .

but still, FIX PLEX

Last edited by camycamera; 2013-03-17 at 11:04 PM.