PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why I quit PS1
Thread: Why I quit PS1
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-12, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Metalsheep
Master Sergeant

Re: Why I quit PS1

I don't see anything wrong with the EMP or the OS. With the sheer amount of CE in the game, something like the EMP is necessary. You can't expect every player to carry a dozen Jammers with him to counter all the CE people lay.

Also, on a backdoor attack, its not very bright to roll up in ground vehicles. The CE will crush them. Most organized droppers will fly in with a Phantasm or Gal, land on the WALL above the backdoor, kill your CE or EMP, then jump down and hack the door. In eiather situation, your CE at BD was moot. I would take a group of guys 3 seconds to clear it all regardless of EMP. If the guys managed to roll up to your BD in a ground vehicle, get out, have a small firefight with you, THEN EMP. You didnt place your CE very well, it should have wrecked their truck before it arrived.

Also, when placing mines behind trees to catch people by suprise, its better to also lay a spitfire ontop of the mine. Proximity mines dont really hurt infantry, but a detonating spitfire is an instant kill in a large radius. Also keeps Data Corrupters from hacking your spits. It simply sounded like the squad that you were fighting were just better organized. Not everyone carrys a CuD on them at all times. Usually only a few people in an organized attack keep their CuDs or bring them with. A CuD is useless indoors, you could have exta ammo or an ACE or something better used.

The EMP is a hard counter to CE and Vehicles (temporarily). He cant fight back with his CuD out, shoot him. If he had friends protecting him while he EMPd, they were using superior tactics.

The OS also is a simple counter... move. Don't stand in the OS and you wont die. OS's were designed to take out hard, immobile, well defended emplacements that are typically hard or impossible to destroy conventionally. Like a CE'd AMS. If you dont want your AMS OS'd, dont CE it, and move it every so often so enemies cant get a bead on it. CE just makes your AMS easier to find, if an enemy stumbles on it and detonates your mines, it hurts your AMS and shows its location because the cloaking fails. Another decent counter to an OS is a Sensor Disruptor, it doesnt stop the OS from coming down, but it makes it difficult to target your AMS, since they cant just pop Reviel Enemies and see the stream of guys coming from your AMS. They actually have to go looking for your AMS or guess. OS's dont really rack up kills anymore, infantry move out of the way too fast. Theyre mostly used to take out Phalanx Turrets, Loadstars and AMS's and sometimes BFRs.