PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Do you consider the Jackhammer overpowered? (Balance whiners keep out)
View Single Post
Old 2003-12-24, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
Apples. Oranges.
Not really,

To hear some of you talk, you�d think HA somehow ruined the game. To get HA you have to spend 6 cert points and you are only effective against other infantry. I can beat a HA user with several 3 cert weapons/items.

3 Cert HA banes:

Plasma Thumper� if I�m in a base wall the HA will die, if we end up in CQB I�ll probably die
Sniper Rifle: again it�s a matter of situation� at range HA dies, at CQB the sniper dies
Infiltrator Suit: Only 2 certs� if you detect me I die and if you don�t you die
AI MAX: HA�s only chance is to change ammo and be able to surge behind me, if I put my back to a wall this won�t happen.
Mosquito: HA has the option to hide in a building or die
Lightning: HA has the option to hide in a building or die
Assault buggy: HA has the option to hide in a building or get mowed by the driver or owned by my gunner
Any Tank: does this need to be described?

HA is the ultimate infantry weapon and it costs enough cert points to warrant the advantage in a limited situation: Anti-Infantry CQB. That�s what it does, and that�s all it does. To hear some of you talk about it somehow turning PS into quake� you�d think just cert in HA and own everything. Now, if HA gave you the ability to mow through infantry, tanks, aircraft, MAX Units, and everything else I�d have to agree with you. With the exception of the secondary fire mode of the JH, HA is NOT instagib. On a typical HA frontal assault I usually manage to kill 2 or maybe 3 MA users before I�m taken down. This is far from �uber� status.

The real problem here is, IMHO, is that too many people choose not to spend 4 cert points on a limited anti-infantry weapon and instead get vehicle and support certs. You are mad because after killing several people in your Lightning or Reaver, you get killed by HA when you bail out and try and fight with your MA weapon. You want to be a Super Joe CE, ADV Hack, ADV Med, Pilot extraordinaire and then still want to own infantry with your free (0 cert cost) Agile Armor and cheap (2 cert) MA Sweeper. But you get owned by the guy who invested 6 cert points (MA = 2 unused pre-requisite, HA = 4) for an anti-infantry set up and complain about �uber� weapons? I just don�t see the validity of this argument.